Goal 7: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy
Target 7.1 By 2030, ensure universal access to affordable, reliable and modern energy services
- Indicator 7.1.1: Proportion of population with access to electricity
- Indicator 7.1.2: Proportion of population with primary reliance on clean fuels and technology
Target 7.2 By 2030, increase substantially the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix
- Indicator 7.2.1: Renewable energy share in the total final energy consumption
Target 7.3 By 2030, double the global rate of improvement in energy efficiency
- Indicator 7.3.1: Energy intensity measured in terms of primary energy and GDP
Target 7.A By 2030, enhance international cooperation to facilitate access to clean energy research and technology, including renewable energy, energy efficiency and advanced and cleaner fossil-fuel technology, and promote investment in energy infrastructure and clean energy technology
- Indicator 7.A.1: International financial flows to developing countries in support of clean energy research and development and renewable energy production, including in hybrid systems
Target 7.B By 2030, expand infrastructure and upgrade technology for supplying modern and sustainable energy services for all in developing countries, in particular least developed countries, small island developing States, and land-locked developing countries, in accordance with their respective programmes of support
- Indicator 7.B.1: Investments in energy efficiency as a proportion of GDP and the amount of foreign direct investment in financial transfer for infrastructure and technology to sustainable development services
Where to find data?
The Energy Progress Report is a joint report of the Custodian Agencies – the International Energy Agency (IEA), the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), the United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD), the World Bank, and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The Energy Progress Report provides the international community with a global dashboard to register progress on the targets of Sustainable Development Goal 7: ensuring universal energy access, doubling progress on energy efficiency and substantially increasing the share of renewable energy by 2030. It assesses the progress made by each country on these three targets and provides a snapshot of how far we are from achieving SDG7. The 2019 release is the fifth edition of this report, which was formerly known as the Global Tracking Framework (GTF).